How to make a Pop Up Card General Instructions
Giving a handmade pop up card to someone special is a great way to show that you care.
In general, to make a pop up card, follow these basic steps:
- Find a card design you like or want to make. You can search for templates with google, from books, or create them yourself.
- Choose the card stock you would like to make the popup card with. Most cards have an inside card and an outside card backing. 65lb card stock works best.
- Print out the template or templates for the pop-up card.
- Using the template, cut the pattern out of of the card stock.
- Score the lines that will be folded. Scoring makes it easier to fold the card.
- Assemble the inside card, which consists of folding or gluing the card.
- Attach the inside card to the outside card backing by gluing, assembling with slots, or sewing.
- Decorate and add words.